Graduate Engineer - Real-Time Software and Algorithms
Job ref: 1140
We develop innovative products at the exciting intersection of High-Performance Real-Time Computing, Signal Processing and Machine Learning.
We are looking for:
- a talented technologist – with a can-do attitude and a real thirst for building exciting new things and making technology work
- a smart developer – who relishes getting their hands dirty at the core of state-of-the-art Signal Processing and Machine Learning algorithms, and
- a keen learner – seizing the opportunity to push at the bounds of their understanding and cut their teeth in new and exciting areas
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, each with their own distinct set of challenges. You’ll be able to get involved with everything from first-principles thinking and research through to the design, development and deployment of live systems. Where you go from there is up to you. We give you the freedom to follow your interests and steer your own career in the direction you want, providing you with all of the support, mentoring and training you need.
Type of work
Projects can start off as small, rapid studies and progress towards large multi-disciplinary systems which involve 50 engineers and more. Our work engages with a broad range of industries and applications but the underlying premise is of developing innovative and bespoke systems that cannot be bought off the shelf.
As you develop, with specific training and support, you will be responsible for the design, development, verification and deployment of products and systems.
You’ll work as part of a team to achieve high-quality deliveries, compliant with the client’s requirements.
You’ll have the opportunity to play a real part in creating the Cambridge Consultants of tomorrow, developing our capabilities and driving the advancement of technology into the unknown.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- A good degree in a relevant subject, such as engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics
- Strong software skills in C and/or Assembly Language
- Strong mathematical aptitude and intuition
- A passion for engineering and technology
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind and eagerness to learn new skills
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous;
- Signal processing techniques and transforms (digital filters, Fourier analysis, z-transforms, matrix transforms etc.)
- Acceleration with GPUs / experience with CUDA
- A scripting language e.g. Python
- Designing and training deep neural networks
- Experience working with embedded hardware and tool chains
- Deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow™ and Torch
- Computer vision and imaging
Graduates with industrial experience or recent graduates with relevant academic course or research experience are welcomed.
- Good salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Disability insurance plan
- Free canteen - lunches and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
The Electronics & Software group brings together a team of world-class multi-disciplinary experts in everything to do with embedded systems and devices – whether that’s electronics, embedded software, physics, control, communications, security or algorithm design. We are looking for keen talented graduates who want variety and the opportunity to start making real products for our clients. This is a graduate role for a 2018 start date.
The Software Technologies group is looking for a talented graduate to help us build the next generation of connected devices, working with start-ups to blue chip companies from a variety of industries.
You will have the opportunity to advance your own skills through our testing community and the variety of projects you will work on. Your skills will contribute to help grow and evolve the group.
The Wireless Software Group is growing, so if you want create innovative products for a wide variety of clients Cambridge Consultants could be the place for you.
Are you passionate about software development and want a challenging graduate role with lots of variety? If so, join us and help deliver better and smarter health care through innovation. This is a graduate role with a 2017 start date.